Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Time for Tuesday...

Well, today is almost done, and I almost forgot to blog today. By God's grace, I'll be able to finish this with something to say before I'm too tired to continue. Today was the 3rd anniversary of the day that our daughter went home to be with our Savior. Hopefully later this week, I will post some of the things God has taught me in the three years since that time (It has probably been the greatest Gospel teacher in my entire life). We went out to dinner tonight as a family, and were able to pray together as a family and thank God for the time He gave us with Madelyn, and that He is keeping her safe in Heaven. Caleb said he wanted to go to Heaven to see her. We also enjoyed playing out in the snow (which got dumped on us all this afternoon...) all together. We then ate some s'mores and had hot chocolate. That's one of the things that God has reminded me of in the past 3 years--the blessing of having children and a wife to share life with. Being a husband and a father has been probably the greatest thing to convict and challenge and cause growth in me as a Christian--because it reveals in me so many areas that I am still failing to live what I say I believe. I am thankful to God that I got married young and had children young. I love being a father and a husband, and I pray that God will continue to grow me in leading my family toward a more Godly life.

No comments: