Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Challies "Challenge"

Ok, so I have realized that I have sorely neglected this blog... even to the point that it changed its name and I still haven't written anything on it since then.

However, since this is a new year, it affords new opportunities to "resolve" to do things like no other time of year provides.

It's with that spirit that I am "resolving" to put myself to the "Challies' Challenge" (named after Christian blogger Tim Challies whose blog is linked on this entry).

I hope I'm not mis-informing, but I believe it was somewhere around the time he began his blog that he made a challenge to himself to blog every day for a whole year. I have taken it upon myself to make the same challenge with myself.

Who knows whether this "resolve" will be in the same line with Jonathan Edwards, or with the 99 % of smokers who make it 4 hours before they light up again. I'm hoping it will be more like the former rather than the latter, as I've found that writing forces me to do my homework, research and study--and I need that as a lifetime student of the Word of God.

So, here's to hoping that I can make it a whole year blogging--not simply for blogging's sake, but to grow in my knowledge of God Himself.

I hope this blogging effort will benefit my "friends" as well as myself.

No comments: