Saturday, January 8, 2011

Free-4-All Friday (pt. 2)

Ok, so this is another freebie I was alerted to via Facebook, from Christianaudio.com. Each month they offer an audio-book for free as a way to get the word out about their site. This month's book is The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges. To my shame, I have to say that I had not read this book, despite having heard of its greatness (and despite having 3 copies of it sitting on my bookshelf!). I figured this would be a great way for me to get to be able to "read" the book, since I will be starting Spring semester soon and I am currently reading a couple other books.
It took me about 3 hours to listen to the whole book today (on 2x speed), and it was probably 3 of the most well-invested hours of my life. I now see why this book is considered a "must read" by many Christians, and I think that I will be listening to it again in its entirety very soon.
I would highly recommend everyone who has a computer and an audio device download this book by the end of this month and listen to the entire book (several times!).

So, without further ado, here is the link... The Pursuit of Holiness

No comments: